I’ve been doing meal planning off and on since I got married, but for the past year it has finally been something that I’ve been consistent with. This month, I’ve even paid closer attention to our grocery budget, and I am SAVING money by meal planning!
I do my grocery runs every week on Thursdays. Most months, my weekly shopping has ranged from $60-180, totaling about $350 per month. That’s crazy! In the past month, I’ve only bought the necessary things for my meal plan. I’ve spent a range of $40-100 on my shopping, totaling about $200! What?!?! $150 savings just by planning ahead? I’m just as stunned as you are! 🙂
I meal plan for every meal, but most days lunch consists of leftovers from the previous night’s dinner, and breakfast is fairly redundant as well. My dinner plans are much more thorough, and I’d like to start posting my weekly meal plan each week, with links to some of the recipes. Enjoy, and let me know if you add something to your recipe collection!
Sunday, February 12
- Clean out the Fridge Day! (We have plenty of leftovers from last week!)
Monday, February 13
- Italian Herb & Cheese Bread
Tuesday, February 14
Candlelit Valentine’s Dinner!
- Individual Chicken Poppyseed Casseroles
- Baked Potatoes (This recipe is better than I’ve had at restaurants!)
- Green Beans
- Garlic Steamed Veggies (Just add salt, pepper, & garlic. Steam!)
- Rhode’s Dinner Rolls
- Sparkling Grape Juice in Wine Glasses
- Heart-Cookies for Dessert!
Wednesday, February 15
- Leftover Spaghetti
Thursday, February 16
- Open-Faced Roast Deer!
*Stay Tuned for a post on Canning Deer Meat!
Friday, February 17
- Cheesy Breaded Pork Loin
- Garlic Roasted Potatoes & Carrots (I use large potatoes & carrots, and chop them up!)
- Green Beans
- Garlic Bread
Saturday, February 18
- Tacos. Always a family favorite, and no sides necessary!
So tell me,
What’s for dinner at your house this week?
BONUS! I have a FREE printable meal-planner that I designed about a month ago. I am LOVING using it each week to plan my meals, and it looks cute on my fridge! There are also printable recipe cards for a few recipes on this page, that you can download!